Published (from oldest to most recent):
1. Denham A, Willis M, Zavez A, Hill EL. 2019. Unconventional Natural Gas Development and Hospitalizations in Pennsylvania. Public Health, 168: 17-25.
2. Denham A, Veazie PJ. 2019. Did Medicaid Expansion Matter in States with Generous Medicaid? The American Journal of Managed Care, 25(3): 129-134.
3. Boslett A,* Denham A,* Hill EL, Adams MCB. 2019. Unclassified Drug Overdose Deaths in the Opioid Crisis: Emerging Patterns of Inequity. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 26(8-9): 767-777. * co-first authors | Editor's Choice
4. Denham A, Mullaney T, Hill EL, Veazie PJ. 2019. Are Increasing Trends in Opioid-Related Hospitalizations Attributable to Increases in Diagnosis Recordability? Evidence from Two Large States. Health Services Insights, 12: 1-9.
5. Boslett A, Denham A, Hill EL. Using Contributing Causes of Death Improves Prediction of Opioid Involvement in Unclassified Drug Overdoses in U.S. Death Records. Addiction, 115(7): 1308-1317. [Covered by The Atlantic, The Washington Post, Scientific American, among others].
6. Willis M, Hystad P, Denham A, Hill EL. 2020. Shale Gas Development, Natural Gas Flaring, and Pediatric Asthma Hospitalizations from 2000 to 2010 in Texas, USA. International Journal of Epidemiology, 49(6): 1883-1896.
8. Boslett A, Denham A, Hill EL. 2021. Fatal Opioid Overdoses in the U.S. Declined More Than Reported Between 2017 and 2018. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 47(6): 711-721.
9. Veazie PJ, Denham A. 2021. Understanding How Psychosocial Factors Relate to Seeking Medical Care Among Older Adults Using a New Model of Care Seeking. Social Science and Medicine, 281.
10. Bennett T, Moffitt R, Hajagos J, …, Denham A, …, Haendel M, Chute C. 2021. Clinical Characterization and Prediction of Clinical Severity of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among US Adults Using Data From the US National COVID Cohort Collaborative. JAMA Network Open, 4(7):e2116901.
11. Denham A, Vasu T, Boslett A, Avendano P, Mendoza M, Hill E. Coroner County Systems Are Associated with a Higher Likelihood of Unclassified Drug Overdoses Compared to Medical Examiner County Systems. Forthcoming at The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse.